We have COVID Protocols in place for our 73rd Assembly, in order to safely meet in-person in Springfield. One of the protocols in place is the requirement of a negative COVID test result. Please use the link below to submit your result:
COVID Test Results
The following is the full text of our protocols, which will still be in affect for our Assembly.
COVID PROTOCOLS FOR 2022 GENERAL ASSEMBLY
For the protection of everyone involved in the 2022 Illinois YMCA Youth and Government General Assembly in Springfield to be held in-person March 18 through 20, Illinois YMCA Youth and Government will follow the Illinois State Board of Education framework for the 2021-22 school year, including, but not limited to:
- All participants in the program – youth and adults will be required to wear face coverings at all indoor settings at hotel and Capitol facilities.
- YMCA staff, teachers, advisors, and program volunteers must show proof of a negative COVID test* within 72 hours before arriving in Springfield. This will need to be uploaded online and made available for review before boarding busses.
- All youth participants must show proof of a negative COVID test* within 72 hours before arriving in Springfield. This will need to be uploaded online and made available for review before boarding busses.
- State and CDC recommendations of physical distancing, personal hygiene, and other measures will be adhered to, as well requirements by hotel, transportation, and Capitol facilities.
- Illinois YMCA Youth and Government will limit interaction among groups to reduce the risk of potential spread of COVID-19, including but not limited to: CDC recommendations regarding reduced capacity on busses, and spacing during meals and at meetings.
- Participants, either youth or adult, who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 will be tested and removed, if testing positive for the virus.
Students’ health and safety is of paramount importance to us at the 2022 General Assembly. As guidelines from regulating bodies and facilities are updated, and in accordance with Y&G Assembly operations, the aforementioned policy will be subject to change.
*A self-administered test would not meet the testing requirement.